We will be hosting community conversations in Dayton, Middletown, suburban Cincinnati, Wilmington and Washington Court House in February 2018 to brainstorm with local residents on solutions to the opioid crisis. Our project partners include the Dayton Daily News, Journal-News, the Miami Student, the University of Cincinnati News Record, Springfield News-Sun, Washington Court House Record Herald, Wilmington News Journal, WHIO – TV , WKRC – Cincinnati, WVXU – Cincinnati, and WYSO – Yellow Springs. Similar to our events in the Mahoning Valley, we will be asking three questions:
- What does the opioid epidemic look like in our community?
- What do we see as causes of the epidemic in our community?
- What steps might we take to combat the opioid epidemic?
After the events, we will post stories from participants, photos, reports, and news coverage on this page.
Partner Research and Coverage
- Dayton Daily News, “Forum: Opioid recovery programs needed in rural Ohio” – 2/20/2018
- Washington Court House Record Herald, “Community members discuss opioid epidemic in Washington C.H.” – 2/19/2018
- Wilmington News Journal, “Your voice, everyone’s crisis: Citizens share perceptions, concerns at opioids forum” – 2/19/2018
- Dayton Daily News, “Forum: Solutions to Ohio opioid crisis should be ‘self-sustaining, repeatable’” – 2/18/2018
- Washington Court House Record Herald, “Your Voice Ohio forum to be held Monday to address ‘The Opioid Epidemic in Washington Court House’” 2/16/2018
- Journal-News, “Doctor: Some of the worst impacts of the opioid epidemic go unseen” – 2/14/2018
- WYSO, “Fighting Stigma Among Calls For Stepped Up Response To Opioids At Middletown Forum” – 2/13/2018
- Journal-News, “The Middletown community talked honestly last night about the human costs of the opioid epidemic” – 2/13/2018
- WYSO, “Dayton Gathering On Opioids Highlights Hunger Among Many For Solutions” – 2/12/2018
- Dayton Daily News, “Collaborative effort needed for solutions to Ohio opioid crisis” – 2/11/2018
- WHIO, “Collaborative effort needed for solutions to Ohio opioid crisis” – 2/11/2018
- WYSO, “Using Death to Quantify Compassion” – 2/1/2018
- WYSO, “UD Researchers Launch Brain Training Program To Help Struggling Opioid Addicts” – 1/30/2018
- Dayton Daily News, “Drug crisis in Ohio: What solutions are making a difference?” – 1/21/2018
- WKRC, “Your Voice Ohio project five community meetings“
- Dayton Daily News, “Media to hold forums on Miami Valley drug crisis, examine solutions” – 1/16/2018
- WYSO, “WYSO Joins Statewide News Organizations For ‘Your Voice Ohio’ Series On The Opioid Crisis” – 1/15/2018