Your Voice Ohio is a collaborative effort by news organizations across Ohio to better respond to the needs and aspirations of all Ohioans. Through this effort, we will:
- Produce quality journalism on the issues that matter most to Ohioans.
- Rebuild relationships of mutual trust between Ohioans and Ohio media.
- Connect Ohioans across the state through shared discussions and shared understanding of important issues.
- Engage and support communities across Ohio, especially those underserved by traditional news media, including communities of color, rural communities, and low-income communities.
- Focus on solutions to the challenges we face throughout Ohio.
Our work is motivated by the following principles:
Truth to Empower
We believe power resides with the people, particularly when they’re informed.
We will actively engage and listen to our audiences and communities, empowering Ohioans to participate in our journalism.
We will work to better engage and support people of color, LGBTQ Ohioans, immigrants, rural Ohioans, and others traditionally left out of dominant narratives and storytelling. We will source information and produce journalism that reflects multiple, diverse perspectives.
We will be clear about our roles and missions in our communities. We will strive to clearly explain our processes, approaches to journalism, and the way we make decisions.
We will evaluate our work to ensure we’re having a positive impact in our communities.
We will tailor coverage to fit the specific needs of our audiences and communities. We will produce stories through the eyes and with the voices of diverse Ohioans so that more Ohioans see themselves and their perspectives represented in the news.
We will respond to new challenges and opportunities as they emerge, while remaining faithful to our principles.
We will seek opportunities to share our talents and resources to better serve Ohioans.